haiku for today:
Which animals might
have sore buns? Even the sloth
hangs rather than sits…
~ ~ ~
As the ELLwithHolly page on this blog explains, I have been incredibly busy these past many days, developing a language learning site using the Ning platform.
I purchased a nifty adjustable computer stand
So I sit, then stand, then sit.
Sometimes I use my exercise ball:
I need physical exertion!
And the time crunch is intense — balancing:
- responsibilities to spouse and parents and home
- private tutoring appointments with local ELLs (English Language Learners)
- co-moderating a five-week online professional development workshop Jan. 9 to Feb. 12
- **http://evosessions.pbworks.com/w/page/48510148/Call_for_Participation2012 (Registration is now open; check out this year’s offerings!!)
- editing a book (for a friend who hopes to publish)
- job-hunting (in case the new site I hope to launch soon does not result in sufficient success; to keep all options open)
- volunteer commitments with AIWR (Alliance for International Women’s Rights)
- trying to find time to continue to saving pages from EnglishCafe.com (my ‘life’ for the past 3+ years; the site will be shutting down soon) using Firefox’s extension Scrapbook — an awesome tool that I highly recommend!
- and more!
Life is indeed full. An apt way to begin a new year, don’t you agree?